From:
"H. Glazer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:39:27 -0500
The Artscape Festival in Baltimore has held an event several times in
past years where architects collaborate with schoolchildren to build
large architectural structures out of Legos (e.g. about 3 feet high).
You could contact the Mayor's Committee on Art and Culture in Baltimore
to find out more about it.  The phone number is (410) 396-4575.

--Helen Glazer
Exhibitions
Goucher College
Baltimore, MD USA

Deborah Bain wrote:

I work for an organization that places artists and architects into
schools for extended residencies.  In May 1998, we will be exhibiting
students' work from our Architects-in-Schools program at the AIA
Convention in San Francisco.  We would like to include some interactive
components that will engage visitors in understanding the basic tenets
of architecture and the built environment.  The theme of the convention
is "bridges" so we would like to keep the interactives as closely
related to that as possible.  Also, the exhibits will be up for about
one month and we have about three months to prepare, so they need to be
kept simple and inexpensive.