From:
Jill Lasker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:15:54 -0400
Betty--that's exactly the one.  Thank you. I'll alert others about this new
plague too.  I guess I'll just mulch these babies.

Andy: I just love your signature LOL So fitting.
  A  :           A  :           A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V              V              V

on 8/20/03 3:41 PM, Siegel, Betty at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> The following is what our IT people have told us about this recent virus.
>
> Betty Siegel
>
> Many of you have probably received some strange emails in the last two days.
> There is a new variant of an e-mail virus that has been flooding the Internet
> and e-mail systems.  The virus carries an attachment that, if opened, will
> infect your PC and send the virus to everyone in your Outlook Contacts list.
>
> The virus is able to "spoof" e-mail addresses so that you may receive
> virus-infected e-mails from someone you know.  You may also receive
> notifications from someone stating that they received an infected e-mail from
> you, when you didn't even send any e-mail to them.
>
> These e-mails may contain subject lines and messages listed below.
>
> If you are interested in the full technical details of the virus (and
> information on how to protect your home computers) please see
> http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100561 .
>

> Infected E-mails May Contain the Following Information:
> Subject:
> * Your details
> * Thank you!
> * Re: Thank you!
> * Re: Details
> * Re: Re: My details
> * Re: Approved
> * Re: Your application
> * Re: Wicked screensaver
> * Re: That movie
> * your_document.pif
> * document_all.pif
> * thank_you.pif
> * your_details.pif
> * details.pif
> * document_9446.pif
> * application.pif
> * wicked_scr.scr
> * movie0045.pif
> Body:
> * See the attached file for details
> * Please see the attached file for details

Jill Lasker
Writer/Editor/Researcher
Medicine/Bioscience/History
http://home.earthlink.net/~laskerj/