From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:57:36 -0800
Jessica, couple of tools here:

First, come join us if you have not already done so
over on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs  We are
an offshoot of this very list and celebrated our first
birthday yesterday.  To date, we're over 530 members
strong (with another half dozen on bounce
status--smile).  We provide job leads and
employment-related information through the week, and
on weekends provide substantively more job lead data.

Use my employment web site in my signature file.  I
know there are archaeological web sites there in the
professional section.

In the meantime, go to http://www.ajb.org and set up
your own query for your geographic locale.  I have one
set for anthropology and archaeology for the MuseJobs
folks, and I will tell you there are not a lot that
surface.

You may want to also use http://www.flipdog.com .
They actually query web sites of many museum-related
employers.  Click on AZ and select your area from
there.

There are lots more places to look.  There's Roger's
Global Museum, and a number of other
employment-related sites that focus on museums.
You'll find that I use a good chunk of them on an
intermittent basis on my weekend searches.

It bears noting that, from the 4th of February through
the 11th, there will, however, be less information
posted.  I will monitor the site periodically, but I
will be vacationing across SoCal with my sweetie.  I
will continue to post some things, but not in the
volume I usually do. I will resume my usual posting
pattern after he departs.

--- Jessica Roode <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could assist me with
> finding resources about Archaeology or Anthropology
> positions in the Phoenix/Tempe, Arizona area.  I
> have thus far been unsuccessful in locating any
> information on the job market in the area for these
> particular disciplines.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jessica Roode

> The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available.
> Upgrade now!

> Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account
> today at http://webmail.netscape.com/

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414