From:
Hodcarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 11:11:10 GMT
Most likely old news to most, but I live and work in relative isolation.
The Shelburne has sold, and is planning to sell more, tens of millions of
dollars worth of its art collection because of finanical woes.  How very
sad, I have always been an admirer of the institution and it seemed to be
very well run.  While the art does not seem to have been related to its
central mission, it looks like the start of a slippery slope.