From:
Eckie Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:47:35 -0500
Belinda Nickles wrote:

> Last night on CNN I caught the tail end of a story about a
> new virus that is supposed to be launched Monday.  According
> to the report the virus will wipe out a computer's hard
> drive and make it impossible to restart it.  Did anyone else
> hear this?  If so, did you catch more details?  I'd like to
> know if it's safe to turn my computer on Monday morning.
>
> Belinda Nickles

Goto Symantec web site and search CIH virus.
If you have it, it will activate April 26.
It is a space filler.  It will garbage your BIOS boot chip and fill all
the empty spaces on your hard drive.

Quick fix, change the date on your computer to April 27 or later.
Scan for CIH and clean as required.
Regards,
Eckie Prater