From:
Lisa Riopell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:33:32 -0500
Good afternoon, Deb.
I had a fire in my apartment several years ago and my books were soaked due
to the amount of water used in an attempt to put the fire out. We got my
books out of the rubble and placed them in "open" positions and ran several
fans on them for 24/7 for three weeks. Periodically, I would change the
pages the books were open to to help other pages dry.  It is important to
gently try to get the pages separated as it dries. It is also important to
get them as dry as possible to help prevent mold. Most of my books made
it-although the pages are many are now "wavy".
I've heard that putting books in the freezer helps-but I've not tried that
option!
Best of luck!
Lisa Riopell