Date:
Tue, 17 May 1994 13:12:00 -0700
Since we were founded in 1975, a number of the collections held
here at the Center for Creative Photography, University of Arizona are
actually owned by the University of Arizona Foundation.  After 18
years of this trouble-free relationship, the Center and the Foundation
have decided we should formalize this through a "Care, Custody, and
Control agreement.  So I am working closely with the attorneys for the
University and the Foundation to draft this document.  Fortunately, we
are all friends and have a good working relationship, so the
current draft seems to reflect everyone's interests and intentions
fairly.  I think what prompted us to work on this was the realization
that things could easily be otherwise if University or Foundation
policies changed or if any of the key players changed.

I don't expect to have a final document until late in the summer, and I
will ask the attorneys if I can post a generic version of the
agreement on this list then.  But I would be happy to have a private
email discussion with anyone that might like more information.

Terry Pitts, Director
Center for Creative Photography