Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 07:50:39 -0800
While I do hope that there is a renaissance of sorts, it has always been my
impression that the arts flourish especially in times of perceived
oppression. People turn to creativity when they are not given freedom to
express their thoughts overtly in their day to day life.

I am concerned that people around the globe seem to be expecting Obama to
walk on water and save us all from the things that ail society. I wonder how
the upcoming administration will deal with the problems that currently exist
and will yet arise. We have to have hope, but statements such as the one
below give me reason to be concerned - making Obama a Messiah personality
holds the potential for even bigger let downs when we realize that the
promises Obama has made cannot be implemented as quickly or as fully as
people seem to expect.

I just hope that we are keeping it real.

Darryl MacKenzie
Oliver, BC