From:
Richard Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 03:38:00 -0500
----------

Jim Swanson wrote:

>>I would like to register my disagreement. Science offers an escape from the
>>religious and nationalistic furor that have served people as excuses to murder
>>each other for millenia. The basic tenet of the scientific "belief system" is
>>that hypotheses are put to the test. This is smug?

While I don't disagree, I do not think science is entirely innocent either.
Hypotheses may be put to the test, but what about application?  Science
certainly has had a part to play in "religious and nationalistic furor," but
then so have we all in one way or another.

Richard Shockley
Fort Whoop-Up Centre
Lethbridge AB Canada