From:
"Luczycki, Thomas J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:41:01 -0500
Mary:

We have recently used this very thing with great success.  We did some
comparison shopping, and found that not all of these direct printing
processes are created equal.  Some were grainy, and others turned our
colors into a lurid mess.

We finally went with a firm in Chicago called P&R Group. (630-854-7873).
They have a system that used "Ultra-Vu" inks that not only looked great,
but have proven to be durable as well.  We initially had only images
produced, but after receiving the product and working with it we went
ahead and had text panels printed as well.

Ours were printed to Komatex, another PVC product.  We chose that over
the Sintra because found that we could nail it directly to our sheetrock
walls with small brads without breaking it.

Another service that P&R offers that we took advantage of is they can
CNC cut the panels to shape after printing.  We had to create a life-
size removable mural of an elasmosaur (16' x 32').  To lessen the
"checkerboard" effect we had the panels shaped into organic interlocking
puzzle pieces.  This worked great, and the pieces and the graphic
aligned perfectly.

Another point that I would like to make is that the company we chose had
great technical expertise and customer service.  Without that we would
have had a much more difficult time achieving the product we needed.

Regards,

Tom Luczycki
Head of Exhibits
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
2401 Chautauqua Avenue
Norman, OK 73072
PH: 405-325-1723
FX:  405-325-4436