Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:16:22 -0400
A few days ago someone posted a question about internships in living history
(I'm sorry - I deleted the original post before I realized I was going to
respond to it...).

About five years ago I spent six months as an intern at a small living
history farm in Maine - the Norlands Living History Center.  Back then, they
were in constant search of interns, and I assume they still are.  It was an
intense, but very rewarding experience.  I would definitely consider
contacting them for more information if you're interested in pursuing living
history as a career.  The address is:

Norlands Living History Center
RR2 Box 1740
Livermore Falls, Maine 04254
(207) 897-4366

And you would most definitely be doing "dirty work" - it is a working farm,
afterall!

-Megan Bryant
Registrar, The Sixth Floor Museum