From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:30:56 -0500
For those who may have missed these extremely useful publications on
labelling (i.e., physically putting numbers on objects):

Marking Objects in Collections: Findings for the Century: Beyond Nail
Polish -- papers from the Midwest Museums Conference 1996 Workshop.
Available from RC-AAM Reprints c/o Bill Tompkins, National Collections
Coordinator, Smithsonian Institution, 900 Jefferson Drive SW/MRC 404,
Washington D.C. 20560-0404

Marking Collections Objects; Beyond Fingernail Polish II -- papers from the
American Association of Museums 1997 Workshop.  Also available from RC-AAM
Reprints.

How to...Mark Objects in Museum Collections Parts I and II by Marianna
Munyer. Available from Illinois Association of Museums c/o Mary Turner, 1
Old State Capitol, Springfield IL 62701

"Marking" by Terry Segal in The New Museum Registration Methods, edited by
Rebecca Buck and Jean Gilmore.  Available from AAM

These are all results of the joint Registrars Committee of the AAM and AIC
four year project on object marking led by Marianna Munyer.

Janice Klein
Director
Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College