From:
"Simmons, John E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 15:24:47 -0600
Glue traps should not be used intentionally for rodents.  If you suspect
you have a rodent problem, use snap traps, which usually kill the rodent
very quickly.

Sticky traps should be carefully monitored to make sure that no
vertebrates (or objects) become attached to them.  We receive several
calls each year about snakes or other animals stuck on sticky traps--the
animals can be removed by using vegetable oil to free them.

--John

John E. Simmons
Collection Manager, Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research
Center
and
Coordinator, Museum Studies Program
University of Kansas