From:
David Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:33:46 -0700
Rich,
     I hear what you are saying about enforceability, but frankly
I find that if this is a problem with an employee there are other
much larger issues to deal with them on. . . usually they are
either not getting their job done or there is something related
to sexual hararassment  that would be the issue worth pursuing,
not that they have been sending 20 vs. 10 e-mails a day or
spending an hour vs. 10 minutes on personal web viewing.

I feel that too often we try to proscribe all the possible behaviors
that might possibly happen when we go to an HR dept. and
often end up making everyone guilty of breaking the rules
rather than encouraging employees to be part of the team and
do their best. . .

What I'm looking for in an employee is someone who brings
value to the organization and our customers. . . not someone
who can follow all the "rules" set out by an HR dept.

Dave Taylor