From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 08:47:04 -0800
>Regarding the late Mr. Segreto and his posting:
>
>I'm one of the (many?) people who missed his initial post entirely, and
>I'm curious to know just why it was on Museum-l.  Was his post a "spam"
>that went to every listserv on earth, or did it have some content meant
>just for museum-l?

>Doug Lantry
>University of Delaware

Doug-

I read the original post and didn't archive it but I'm pretty sure it was a
spam.  It had nothing to do with museums or art.  Segreto still has an
operating website at http://www.lookup.com/hompages/64771/home.html which
contains a rambling message that looks to me like the same one he posted in
email.  The whole thing was a very wierd convergence of cyber and real
space.  I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.

Stephen Nowlin

Stephen Nowlin
Vice President
Director, Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery
Art Center College of Design
1700 Lida Street
Pasadena, California 91103  USA
(818)396-2397vox (818)405-9104fax