From:
Lana Newhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 07:47:38 -0500
Holly and all other musuem job seekers.

I would like to suggest that you contact any professional museum organization in the regions you are interested in.  Their membership fees are usually far less than that of AAM's and they also publish job listings in their newsletters for their regions.

In the Midwest contact [log in to unmask]  You can also log on to RC-AAM's (Registrar Committee - American Assoc. of Museums) website and be linked to regional registrar groups to find out what their regional museum groups are.

Lana Newhart-Kellen
Registrar
Conner Prairie

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/04/02 07:37AM >>>
Hello,
I wanted to post to the list to find out if there were any museums in the
state of Michigan that were hiring at the moment or knew in the near future
that they were going to be looking to fill a position.  Sometimes it gets
very frustrating not being able to find a job in the area in which you live.
I need to live in this area for the next five years for personal reasons.
In May I will have my MA in Public History and I have volunteered and
currently work part time in a large museum in Michigan doing collections
management.  I figured that posting to the list was worth a try.
Thanks
Holly Hartlerode