From:
Robin Le Van <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:23:51 -0500
Interesting question. My colleague, who is with our historical society,
abides by a policy of each item purchased by staff, which could relate to
the institutional collection, first be offered to the curator of that
division. Clearly, this is a honor policy, subject to individual ethics. He
seems to feel it works well at his institution.
Good luck!
Robin