From:
Grace Rapkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 1994 20:58:09 EDT
Greetings from The Jewish Museum in New York City.  I am Grace
Rapkin, the new Marketing Director.  I am currently in the early
stages of travel in cyberspace -- trying to figure out  where I am
going and how to get there.  I just read the article in the August
94 edition of Museum News -  which got me this far.  They suggest
finding a mentor who is a veteran traveller on the information
superhighway.  Anybody out there on Museum Mile in NYC who I can
call for some beginner tips?  I promise to return the favor to the
next newcomer when I am able....

Also, by way of experimentation -- I was wondering if I can use
this network to find answers to work issues.  I am currently
researching the question of demographics and museum visiting habits
and interests of urban young people in their 20's and 30's.  Is
there someone who has done this research already or can direct me
to some sources of information?.  I am trying this before I hit up
my friendly reference librarian and make numerous phone calls.

I would be happy to provide more information or be more specific.
Please know my ultimate goal is to develop this age group as an
expanded audience for our Museum.

I can be reached by conventional means at 212-423-3236
1109 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10128  or at my home port computer