From:
Debora Shipman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 12:54:30 -0500
Dear listers,

I will be visiting the greater Pittsburgh area next week on vacation.  While
I am there, I have scheduled a meeting at Duquesne University to learn more
about their graduate program.  "Duq" has an MA program in Public History
with a specialty in Museum Studies, Archives, and Editing (AME).  I have
corresponded with Dr. Blatz, who directs the program, via e-mail.  I am
seriously considering this program.  I graduate with my BA in the spring of
2001, and will be relocating to the Pittsburgh area.  I have not yet
submitted my application for graduate school; I was waiting until after my
visit/meeting at "Duq."

My question for listers:  What would be some good questions to ask about the
graduate program?   Are there any questions that those who already have an
MA wished they had asked prior to committing to a school?  How about the
"Duq" graduate program itself?  Has anyone heard or experienced anything bad
about it?  Good about it?

I have a list of basic questions to ask (internships, placement office,
etc.), but I was hoping the voice of experience would give me some
additional suggestions.   Thank you in advance for your help.  :)
Deborah Shipman
Curatorial Assistant
Witte Museum