From:
Margaret Carlini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:00:02 -0400
Different museums I have worked in use quieter floor space (if such exists) to teach or use an exhibit area itself (perhaps roped off) to teach, using the exhibit as a backdrop or interactive teaching area.  You can also do public rolling cart programs when you have school groups coming.

We have also been very creative when in need of school room areas -- we have roped off our Inventor's Lab, ARt Studio, exhibit cafe, and even the coat room when needed.  We have even taught a caving program inside of our "limestone cave" for specific pre-booked groups.

You can contact me offline if you would like to talk out some other ideas.  [log in to unmask]