From:
Cathy Mebes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:11:52 PDT
 A little more indebth.  Thank you in advance for your time and reply.

I am writing from Southern WA and we are in the first stages of
spearheading a Children's Museum in our area.  We believe our town would
support one as the volunteer base as well as monetary contributions and
potential are high here.

We are now doing research to find out how long it takes other museums to
get their non-profit status.  We have heard as long as a year and we are
fearful of corporate support hesitation due to that fact.  Can you give
us any information. on this process and what we might expect?

Secondly,  we have seen online how museums such as yourself partner w/
such organizations as United Way, local libraries etc. and we are trying
to tap into any stable monetary resource possible.  Do you have any
information on what
organizations are most likely to support such a partnership?

***We are planning our first meeting to be attended by potential
volunteers., corporate sponsors, potential Board members etc. and we are
looking for specific facts that other museums have used to sway public
opinion concerning the beneficial existence of a Children's Museum and
why they should get on board.  We will probably do a power point
presentation but need it to punch instead of just inform.  We are a fact
driven community.  Do you have access to any facts and/or resources we
might use?

We appreciate your support as we solidify our new endeavor.

Thank you in advance,

Cathy M.

 This message powered by BMI WebMail. -- http://webmail.bmi.net

 This message powered by BMI WebMail. -- http://webmail.bmi.net