From:
Manuel Gancedo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:09:54 EDT
I am a graduate student in the Museum Studies Program at the George Washington University.  As part of the museum studies course Curatorial Research and Planning taught by Professor Kym Rice, I am encouraged to conduct a research project with respect to curatorial work.  I am interested in conducting a study on the representation of Hispanics in the different museum job categories, particularly the curatorial positions.  In order to conduct this research, I would need statistical information by ethnicity on the different work categories in your institution.
In addition, to the statistical information, I would like to invite curators to participate in this study by completing a questionnaire.  Participation is voluntary and the questionnaire will be completely anonymous.  No names will be used in the questionnaire and email addresses will not be tracked, nor will any other information, which could link a person with the survey be obtained.  Only group comparisons will be made and reported in summary form. If you would like to receive a questionnaire, please email me at [log in to unmask]
Should you have any questions about this project you may contact me electronically or call me at (703) 920-0733, or my advisor, Professor Rice at (202) 994-0164. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Manuel A. Gancedo