From:
Deborah Baroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 09:36:12 -0500
Jeanette - Personally, I won't take newspapers +/or clippings if donors
want to give them to me.  I tell people that with the Oklahoma Newspaper
Project, all newspapers have been microfilmed and are safely stored at the
State Historical Society  (I believe that was a federal project).  The only way
newsclippings get into our collections (through me) are if they are mixed in
with other donated items.  If you are serious about keeping clippings, a
vertical
file is always handy for small donations.  Or you can start a special area
for just
newsclippings.  Then it can be stated to donors that you do collect newspaper
clippings but they are kept seperately for researchers, and they are not
accessioned
into the regular collection area like other materials are (hopefully, that
make sense.)
Good-luck.  {:-Deb

*********************Deborah Anna Baroff, Curator of Special
Collections****************