From:
"J. Jerry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 1994 17:25:27 -0500
You might suggest that anyone interested in this article can find it in
their nearest library.  This will save your phone bill, trees (paper) and
separate the casually interested from the truly committed.  The New
Yorker article fails to point out the fact that once these card
catalogues are computerized what important role would the old cards serve
especailly given the cost of storage.  This like the emf article that
appeared a couple of years earlier is an anti technology piece
(flat-earth sentiment).