Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:21:24 -0800
I've always loved the Getty. I remember some of my antiquities classes when an Art History undergrad at USC were held there (when it was still just the Villa).

It was great it had funds, because it could still purchase and create collections of the scarce resources Museum's collect themselves out of being able to buy (too expensive; the paradox of museums - creating scarcity of resources!), like starting up the collection of Old Master Drawings.

Signa Pendegraft, RPA
Robert M. Lee Trust
Archives
970 Icehouse Ave.