From:
Jason Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:03:25 -0400
Dear Ms. Coffey,

I'm no expert on academic programs in the history of Portuguese art, but
two professors at New York University are, and I would bet they could
steer you in the right direction, perhaps even towards them! They are
Prof. Edward Sullivan, who is in the Washington Square campus, and Prof.
Jonathan Brown, who is at NYU's Institute of Fine Arts uptown.

As for Portuguese art history and religion, you may wish to inquire with
the Newark Museum in Newark, NJ, where Columbia University art historian
Jerelynn Dodds guest curated a recent exhibition on the image of the
Virgin in Portuguese art.

These are just informal suggestions. I hope they are of use.

Jason Edward Kaufman