From:
tamsen schwartzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:22:37 -0400
Hi Rainey,
Frederun Scholtz is an instructor at The Fashion Institute of Technology
and wrote her master's thesis on the turn of the century trend of using
birds (or feathers) on hats.  She may have seen some "audubonnets"
during her research, or have another avenue for you to pursue.  Please
contact me off-line for her phone number.  I would also suggest the
Museum at the City of New York, which has a fine collection of American
costume.

--
Tamsen Schwartzman
Museum Information Coordinator