From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 1994 09:28:28 -0500
There is a problem sending the CAA handouts to someone who is on
NetCom and as far as I can tell it's because of the <equal> sign
that runs throughout the file. They get a few lines then it
stops. Anyone else have that problem? (respond to me personally).

ARLIS (Art Libraries Discussion List) has an anonymous ftp site
up and running (though, as yet, empty) for art-related information
called ArtSource. You can reach it at <convex.cc.uky.edu> pub/artsource.
You will be able to upload information as long as you have
author OK (these ARE librarians after all). There should be
a gopher link soon, too.

There is a new bboard in NYC called ArtNet that is in the beta-
testing stage that will link New York galleries and museums with
the art community. Only the structure and a few demonstrations
are in place now but it has a nice MAC interface (PC is promised
in a month) and it's going to be FREE (or so they hope). I'll keep
the list up-to-date on it.

Remember, if you want to tell Ralph Appelbaum what you think about
museums and the Internet send me your DEAR RALPH messages to my
address.

That's it.

Robbin Murphy
NYU/Museum Studies