From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:51:50 EST
Standard response to people who are trying to get into the museum-field: You
will be competing with people who have a master's and years of experience for
entry-level jobs. You'll find something eventually but be prepared to look
for months, even years at a time.

In a message dated 3/16/00 6:37:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  I can't find any design-related jobs that don't require extensive
>  computer training (which I lack because of the philosophy behind a liberal
>  arts education).

That is BS. I have a "liberal studies" theater degree and now work doing
web-pages, CD-ROMs and other "computer stuff". Get access to the software and
learn it. Photoshop isn't that hard to pick up either.  Front Page is easy
and there are plenty of good books on every computer program out there.
Community colleges also have cheap courses on software packages as well.

Deb