From:
"Ehr, Meg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:24:38 -0400
Oklahoma State University's History Department offers an MA track in
Applied History, with concentrations in Museum Studies or Historic
Preservation. The degree earned is in history. I took courses in museum
theory and practice, historic preservation, and oral history within the
History Department. Interpretation is offered through another department,
and museum studies students are welcomed. Students design a large part of
their own programs, and can take courses in any department subject to
approval (I took historic interiors and publication design courses). A
small historical museum in town offers volunteer opportunities, and the
Oklahoma Historical Society operates a historic building museum on
campus. There is an internship requirement (students have worked with the
Smithsonian, the Air Force's Legacy program, the National Park Service,
and various state and private museums and agencies).
For more information contact:
Dr. Bill Bryans
Chair and Associate Professor
History Department