From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:11:39 -0700
You may want to rethink this.   Such people that know that museums deal with
children, and it is an ideal place if you know what I mean.  They use the
loose attitude of museums to get into the establishments to associate and
build their relationships with children working events, meeting in
restrooms, school tours, etc.

Staff as well as volunteers should have background checks.  For example, I
had a volunteer who did photography/drugs with children at XYZ museum.
Another volunteer mentioned that he saw their name in the newspaper in the
crime section.  From then on, police checks (added to our policy and double
checked with our attorney) of all current individuals to make sure all were
clean, as well as new staff and volunteers.

The individual with the problem terminated their employment when they knew I
was doing the police checks.

John