From:
Jennifer Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:13:56 -0500
Do you know what size/type of museum the offending organization was?
Depending the level of professional staffing, it might be more
appropriate to respond by explaining why the way they handled the
situation was inappropriate, rather than immediately jumping down their
throats.  I can easily see a very well-meaning, but perhaps less
well-trained curator thinking they were doing the best thing for the
objects.  You could make this a learning experience for them, instead of
just a negative attack.  If, however, it came from someone who should
have known better, then I think a letter to the director would
definitely be appropriate.

Jennifer Gayman Ruffner
Heritage Coordinator
Queen Anne's County, Maryland