From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:55:51 -0800
I would think it would be hard to turn it down if the
White House called and said George wanted to do this.
For one thing, this is an administration where you're
forever damned if you disagree, but then I digress.

My understanding on these kinds of special events is
that they're created, scheduled, and commandeered at
the lower levels.  Getting Bush to speak for a
candidate would be a kudo for the party.

But I suspect they aren't initiated at the top.

To the gentleman who reminded me of the 501c(3)
issues, thank you.  I do remember that from my
charitable studies.  I think that's what set alarms
off in my head in my early morning fog.

I think that, were it not a political rally/fund
raiser, there would be no conflict.  If Bush came to
endorse the museum, ribbon cut, or speak to the
community at large without specifically touting one
party, it would be ok.  Same would have applied for
Clinton.  But if either party appears for the express
purpose of fund raising, therein lies the sticky
wicket.

Unless that fund raising is for the institution and
not for the president's party, there could be
ramifications.

--- Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Wings Over the Rockies is at Lowrey Air Force Base.
> President Bush is the Commander in Chief.  Pretty
> hard to turn that one down, I'd say.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414