From:
David Lynx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 1995 17:06:32 -0500
If you include "old accession numbers" in one field, it would seem that
spaces separating the field numbers would suffice.  We converted our Q&A
fields over to Filemaker Pro using the Translator.  There were so many easier
ways to search in Filemaker Pro, that we had to change some of our
strategies.  It was easy to convert using one-time scripting.  The one
advantage that Filemaker Pro has is that it will locate information anywhere
in that field.  If you are accurate about placing all the old accession
numbers in the field with spaces in between, it should be able to locate them
on a find.

For those of you interested in the future of Filemaker Pro.  Claris has just
announced a new version, 3.0, which will be out soon and promises a fully
relational database.

With Filemaker's advantage of inputting sound, pictures, and quicktime; you
can include photos and quicktime videos of three dimensional objects.  The
only problem is how much space photos take.

David Lynx
Yakima Valley Museum