From:
Helen Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:57:34 -0500
I use a manual called "Approaches to Pest Management in Museums" by
Keith O. Story that was published in 1985 by the Conservation Analytical
Laboratory at the Smithsonian.  It has helpful information and practical
advice regarding problems such as the one described below, as well as
extensive bibliographies, a glossary and information about pesticides.
I have no idea if it is still in print, but the address on the title
page is:

Conservation Analytical Laboratory
Smithsonian Institution
Suitland, Maryland 20746

and Keith O. Story is listed as being the president of Winchester
Consultants, Winchester, Massachusetts.

The book describes a number of beetles that eat all kinds of materials,
including a Cigarette Beetle that in addition to tobacco also likes to
eat paper, book bindings, silk and other items.

--Helen Glazer, Exhibitions Director
Goucher College
Baltimore, Maryland
USA