From:
Ellen Carrlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:42:24 -0800
Susannah, I venture to guess what you are probably seeing on your walls is
not mold but salt efflorescence from moisture movement within the wall.  It
can be brushed off, but will return if you continue to have drainage
problems with the wall.

Ellen Carrlee
Curator of Collections and Exhibits
Juneau-Douglas City Museum