From:
Stephanie Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:57:56 -0700
Curator of Exhibitions

City of Las Cruces Museum System

We have an immediate opening for a newly created supervisory position of
Curator of Exhibitions to serve all four museums in the municipal
system.  This is a senior level position within museums administration
and will report to the Director of Museums.

We are a large museum system consisting of several small museums and
historic sites.  The Las Cruces museum system served over 248,000
visitors in 2006 and is rapidly expanding with an upcoming relocation of
one museum and a newly acquired historic property to be developed as
another museum. The system operates an aggressive exhibition program
using traveling and internally generated exhibitions.

We are seeking an experienced, creative, dedicated professional to
organize, manage, develop, and create state-of-the-art exhibitions.  The
position requires strong interpersonal skills to successfully interact
with staff, volunteers, and patrons in a team environment.  A portfolio
or work samples will be requested after initial screening.

For a detailed job description, instructions, and application; (resumes
must be accompanied by a fully completed application for consideration
for this position) visit: www.las-cruces.org
<http://www.las-cruces.org/> .

For museum system specific information visit:  museums.las-cruces.org

Position Closes: Monday, December 17, 2007 at 5 PM.

Salary Range:  $38,633 - $57,950
Hiring Range:  $38,633 - $46,500