From:
"D. Neil Bremer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:54:12 -0600
The concept of a redefinition of the term "museum" is an important one
to consider.  Disney, whether or not you feel they represent the
antichrist of museums, markets their Club Disney (for children and
fammilies) alternately as a children's museum or a science center,
depending on the research data on potential audiences. Disney may not be
preserving truth and history - but society has begun to accept this
definition of "museum", and will continue to do so in growing numbers.

We can beat them at their own game with real collections and
intellectual content, or we can stand by our horses, damning the first
wave of cars coming down the road.

D. Neil Bremer
Bremer Communications
Image & Communication Skills for Business
http://www.BremerCommunications.com
(708) 848-5945  Office
(708) 848-6011  Fax