From:
Robert Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 07:41:40 -0400
Actually,  top give some background on the museum, it is a small art museum
with no past violence in its history.  There is nothing stated in the
rulebook about such incidents. They (management) just think that a museum
should remain free from all political issues. I concur that Sept. 11  is an
extraordinary time, and in light of the communities full patriotic support,
the museum could show some commissary with the grief this nation and the
world share. The feeling is that the staff is more afraid of the wrath of
the director, who has fired people for less before. Fortunately, I do not
work with her all that much, if at all, and share no such fear. Maybe that
is why I am very bothered.