From:
"Anne W. Ackerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:57:31 GMT
Anne,

Well said.  I think you've hit the nail on the head.  Diversity in
collections, as well as in staffs and volunteers, really must first
be a commitment made by the staff. The staff must have this vision
-- alas, it seems many don't, although I think it's not because it
is not an important issue to them, it is more because it is not a
high up enough issue in their consciousness.  Theoretically, who
knows better how to integrate diversity into collections, public
programming, mission statements and human resources than the
professional staff and the consultants we all use?

--
Anne W. Ackerson
Independent Museum Consultant