From:
Carla Hosein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:27:01 -0500
>Does any museum out there use "Ticketmaker" software for admissions or
>event ticket making?   We are trying to make contact with a dealer who
>sells the hardware compatible with "Ticketmaker" software, including
>the cash drawer(s) to get the best price.   Any advice/help would be
>appreciated.
>
>John Martinson, This Is The Place Heritage Park

I don't have any information to answer your question but I do have a few
questions of my own on the same subject.  What kind of hardware does a
ticket system usually require?  We don't usually charge admission and
therefore don't deal with tickets, but we are hosting a traveling exhibit
soon and are searching for more information on ticket systems.  We're
expecting a large turnout for the exhibit and are even interested in timed
entry tickets to help with crowd control.  So far my search has only come
up with the names for different ticket software systems but no specific
details.  Any information about the subject would be helpful.

Thanks,

Carla C. Hosein
Office Manager
Oriental Institute Museum