From:
"BRENINGER, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 09:27:00 +1000
A while ago I requested information from people who had experience with
curtailing their activities, particularly loans, during periods of
unusual activity, such as redevelopments or relocations. Thanks to
everybody who replied the responses were very intersting and helpful.
The general consensus was that if formally notified with explanations
most other institutions would accept a temporary cessation of loans by a
museum under stress. Some even mentioned carrying out such notification.
I would be grateful if anyone who had done this could send me a copy of
the letter they used. Thanks

Leah Breninger
Collection Manager
Department of Social History