From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:28:42 -0400
Lori, I am sure the local government also maintains a cash reserve, as
recommended by most auditing firms.  You are confronted with a local issue
and perhaps you could find out from the administrator what percent of the
local budget is maintained as a reserve. That might be a target for your
institution.

In far too many cases, small museums are unable to put together an ongoing
cash reserve.  We can operate for about three months with our invested cash
flow -- unless an emergency arises.  I would much prefer having a year's
budget set aside.
Ross Weeks Jr.
Tazewell VA