From:
"Stanford, Karin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 08:14:19 -0400
In Southern Maryland, we were extremely fortunate to have a private business
take on the job of step-on guide services for heritage tourism in the area.
They business asked if their staff could attend our volunteer training
sessions at our historic site.  It was a mutually beneficial service.  The
step ons were able to prepare and excite their motorcoach passengers about
what they would see at the site, and our living history interpreters knew
that a basic level of knowledge had been imparted, and were able to engage
the visitors fully into the 17th century.  When this business ended, we
searched for years to find someone willing to take it on.  Be glad that the
CVB has stepped in.  Perhaps you can relate this experience to them as a
model.  Karin Stanford, Museum of Florida History