From:
Caroline E Neely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:10:58 -0400
Colonial Williamsburg has unbelievable fake food.  Tanya Wilson,
assistant curator of historic interiors, creates wonderful food by
creating silicon shell around the a real piece of food which picks up all
the intricate details then fills the shell with  Plaster of Paris to
create the fake item.  Also, she uses wax for more translucent foods like
vegtables.  I am not an artistic person and at her workshop I was able to
create really realistic and museum-safe fake food.

Also there is an issue of Food History News Vol XIII No. III that gives
some great information on creating fake food.  It also inlcudes a whole
list of companies that make fake food!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com