From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 22:10:49 -0400
Thanks to the Internet I managed to invite myself to an NYU
Magazine Journalism class where the editor in chief of Art &
Antiques, Mark S. Mayfield, and the art director, Christopher
Lione, spoke.

I'd never seen A&A before and was surprised to find
that it's a very good general-interest arts magazine
despite the fact that Mr. Mayfield has no art background and,
until a year ago, worked at USA Today (or maybe the magazine
is good because of that fact).

I'm interested in what will be on-line publishing, particularly
concerning museums, and I'd like to find some way to combine
my museum/art background with my publishing (I was,
believe it or not, an editorial assistant at Vogue for three years
under Grace Mirabella) and electronic typesetting experience (no
one kerns better).

With the digitizing of museum images I see great possibilities for
on-line, CD-ROM and print publications about all types of museums.
Anyone else out there interested in starting an electronic publishing
empire?  ;-}

Robbin Murphy
NYU/Museum Studies