From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:55:35 -0500
Hello, all, and apologies in advance for cross postings:

Since we have opened our new wing, we have experienced an increased
demand for various types of rentals.  Today, for example, we have a
large film shoot.  Other examples include weddings and schools or
districts that book a whole day.  These have an impact on our visitors,
closing off sections of the Hall for extended periods (half a day or
more).

We are trying to learn about other museums' practices for accommodating
these private uses while assuring that general visitors have a positive
experience.

I realize that in an ideal situation, planning on our part and
contractual obligations on the part of the renter would address and
minimize these complications.  However, here in the quotidian world,
managing space conflicts is turning out to be a challenge.

We'd appreciate any advice.  Please cc me directly at
[log in to unmask] if you reply on list, as I sometimes can't scan
all the listserv messages.

Thanks!

Eric Siegel
Director of Planning