From:
Jadran Kale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:14:27 +0200
Hello fellow List member,

my bad styling in words also led to some ugly connotations. For those among
us who are too close to the tragedy, I am repeating from the private post:

>Private post, date: 14 Sep 2001 10:15
>Your post to the Museum Discussion List really upset me this morning (...)
>Please remember that many of us still have family and friends trapped
>inside the buildings and we don't know if they're all right- so even
>though I know you meant well, something like this, "So, for disclaimer
>line, by this definition I see no martyr here," can stir up the despair
>and anger of New Yorkers and Americans as well.

 From the answer:
 >> My "disclaimer" ("by the definition a martyr is a person who must be
consciouss of his or her acts")
 >> was there in an attempt to clear out any possibility of connecting my
terminology to the terms of terrorists,
 >> which often consider themselves martyrs for their cause. As somebody
mentioned at the List, the Penn flight
 >> passengers are true martyrs by any definition. And others deserves to
be mentioned as such.
 >> Obviously it is too soon to disscuss such issues at the List, and a
minor part of the thread really emerged
 >> with a museum or museological substance. My fault. I am sorry for the rush.

Jadran Kale, curator ethnologist
Zupanijski muzej, P.p.7, HR-22001 Sibenik
Croatia: 385 (0) 22/ 213-880, fax 213-355
  @  http://jagor.srce.hr/muzej_sibenik
- -  Sent with PINE 4.10 from CARNet  - -