From:
Aino Nissinaho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:05:13 +0200
We are searching for partners from EU countries to co operate with us
within Raphael section 3.1.

Project proposal

"Timescape Tours"

General aims are to develop new museal activities on the basis of
the archaeological heritage,to  design new products of archaeological
knowledge and to design new marketing systems for different target groups,
to expand museum education, to distribute information through different
media particularly through Internet paing attention to European wide
delivery and to establish the above mentioned activities permanently among
the organisations involved.

Actions

1. Register for prehistoric heritage tourism sites
2. Cultural routes in different scales starting from the very local scale
and ending to an European wide route system.
3. Education and events about prehistoric sites and archaeology to
different target groups i.e. school children, different mobile activists,
private enterprises etz.
4. The main media through which to publicise and market is the Internet.
5. Develop partners´own facilities and organisation to maintain these
activities.

Who are we?

The Vanhalinna museum is a medium-sized museum in SW Finland near the city
of Turku.The museum is adminstrated by Department of Cultural Studies at
the University of Turku and the owner of the estate, where the museum is
housed. Museum  is developed in close co-operation with disciplines such
as archaeology, ethnology, museology and history. Our webb site address is
www.utu.fi/hum/arkeologia/vanhalinna.

If You are interested in our project proposal, don´t hestate to contact me
and ask for more detailed information. Please, give your email address and
fax number.

Best Regards

Aino Nissinaho
Curator
Vanhalinna Museum
Department of Cultural Studies
University of Turku
20014 Turun yliopisto

tel 358 2 4886394, mobile 358 40 7063796
fax 358 2 4886394
email [log in to unmask]