From:
Hayes Scriven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:13:23 -0500
I thought I would add some thoughts on this topic as well.

We have been doing Cemetery walk for two years now.  Our attendance
numbers have increase in every year.  We started with 150 people and jumped
to 300 + this past year.  The odd thing is the majority of the people attending
the walk are non-members.  I see this for us as a major membership drive this
year and turning it into a big money maker.

There are not many challenges that we have faced yet.  The hardest thing, I
guess would be having people to portray every year and just keeping it fun
and interesting.  However, with a good committee you should be able to do
that.

The serve a purpose of getting people interested in living history and history of
the town in general.  It is not some stuffy class room it is outside and it fun
and engaging.  If you want more information on what we do here do not
hesitate to email or call me.